Sunlighten Infrared Therapy
Light energy has been proven in many ways to help our bodies feel better. With gentler and more effective heat, Sunlighten’s infrared sauna benefits allow you to stay longer and reap more overall health benefits. Sunlighten has perfected infrared technology to bring you the safest, most efficient and effective infrared available. Our Sunlighten sauna will deliver near and far infrared light, offering many different health benefits including:
- Detoxification – Sunlighten’s highly efficient, patented SoloCarbon® infrared heating technology gives you the best detoxification experience because it is clinically proven to raise core body temperature by three degrees. You experience a deep, productive sweat from your cells as the SoloCarbon infrared waves penetrate your skin and heat your core to expel the toxins, rather than just sitting in hot, ambient air that only heats your outer skin.
- Heart health – Infrared sauna sessions raise your heart rate and increase circulation. This replicates a cardiovascular workout we term “passive cardio.” In fact, blood flow during infrared sauna use may rise from a normal rate of 5-7 quarts/minute to up to 13 quarts/minute. Your heart is a muscle; working it makes it stronger. A stronger cardiovascular system helps capillaries deliver more oxygen to muscle cells. For people with injuries or conditions precluding them from cardio activity, Sunlighten saunas can help serve as an alternative for needed cardio benefits.
- Muscle recovery – the infrared sauna relieves pain by penetrating joints, muscles and tissues to increase circulation and speed oxygen flow. It helps reduce soreness and muscles spasms.
- Immunity boost – Your body naturally defends itself. During a fever, body temperature rises and strengthens the immune system. It’s a signal to white blood cells and the body’s antiviral army of lymphocytes, neutrophils and interferons to come to the rescue. Increased body temp may also help fight infections as it stimulates heat shock proteins that deter viruses from reproducing and reduce inflammatory cytokine proteins. Raising body temp above normal for therapeutic treatment is called hyperthermia. Infrared light penetrates to the cellular level. Sunlighten’s infrared heating technology gives you the highest quality and quantity of infrared clinically proven to raise core body temperature by three degrees.
- Weight loss – studies have shown that sauna therapy can release environmental toxins stored in fat tissues that can prevent weight loss. Heavy metals and fat-soluble chemicals like PCBs, PBBs and HCBs can trigger the body to protect itself, resulting in the immune system’s inflammatory response. Infrared sauna therapy heats the body at the cellular level, helping to detoxify the body and reduce inflammation.
- Relaxation – infrared sauna therapy promotes relaxation by helping to balance your body’s level of cortisol, your body’s primary stress hormone. The heat generated by the sauna will also help to relax muscles and relieve tension throughout the body, allowing you to relax and de-stress.
Will I sweat?
You may not sweat at first, typically it can take up to 5 sessions before your body starts to sweat from the sauna. Even if you are not sweating it is important to remain well hydrated!! As your core temperature increases, you will begin to sweat more.
What do I wear?
We have towels available for body wraps and we recommend bringing quick drying shorts or a bathing suit. We ask that regardless of the clothing you chose that you sit on a towel during your sauna sessions.
How often should I sauna?
There is no one answer for the amount of sessions per week, but infrared saunas are safe to use every day. One session will leave you feeling refreshed and relaxed, but for health benefits we recommend more frequently. On average, most people enjoy 30-45 minute sessions, at least once per week.
Who should not use this sauna?
Sunlighten does not recommend use for pregnant women, hemophiliacs, people with insensitivity to heat, anyone with a pacemaker/defibrillator, any person with an acute injury (within the first 48 hours), anyone with a fever, anyone with uncontrolled hypo/hypertension or anyone taking medications which may increase blood pressure.
What about children?
Children 12 and under may use with parental supervision up to 15 minutes only.
Do I need a doctors note?
No, but there are certain contraindications. We’ll make sure you’re a good candidate before you sign up!
Does in infrared come from lights?
No, the infrared heaters are located on the floor as well as the front, back and side panels.
We’re the research?
There are many studies on the use and efficacy of of infrared therapy. Specifically, Sunlighten saunas have been shown to increase core temperature better than any other sauna on the market. This raise is core body temp is why we get the health benefits we do. All research can be found here.
How much does it cost?
Pricing is always subject to change. As of the writing of this post our prices are as follows:
1 session: $45 per visit
6 sessions: $240 ($40 per visit)
10 sessions: $375 (37.50 per visit)
How long does each session take?
To achieve therapeutic benefit we recommend a minimum of 30 minutes per session (adults). Your reservation will be for 45 minutes so you may use the sauna between 30-40 minutes to allow for time to change.
How do you clean the sauna?
The infrared sauna environment is mold and bacteria resistant, however, we do sanitize with all natural, plant-based cleaners between each session.
What about toxins from the wood and EMFs?
The natural woods in the Sunlighten saunas are designed with hygiene in mind. All of their sustainably sourced timber is entirely toxin free. Regarding the EMF exposure, Sunlighten saunas have the lowest EMF exposure of any infrared sauna currently on the market and that’s why we chose this brand! But don’t take our word for it, see what Sunlighten has to say.
What if I have other questions?
Just ask us!